Natural Family Planning
In my practice I encourage and promote natural methods of family planning—there are several methods available. For those interested and motivated, I highly recommend that reproductive age women consider a method that will work in harmony with their sensitive reproductive physiology.
- Simple to learn
- Inexpensive to use
- Readily available (see resources below).
- Successfully used by women with varied economic and educational backgrounds
- Useful during all phases of reproduction---, premarital cycle tracking and temperatures; breast feeding, perimenopause.
- Helpful in controlling and understanding physiology of PMS, irregular ovulation, fertility problems, thyroid disease.
- Immediately reversible.
- Allows couples to appreciate a woman’s short fertile time (6-8 days).
- Allows couples to accurately know when ovulation/ conception has occurred to help in planning their baby’s due date.
- Methods have been 98-99% effective worldwide in postponing pregnancy.
- Empowers couples to communicate and discern their ability/timing to bring a new baby into the world.
RESOURCES—research; find a method you and your spouse enjoy and invest in learning it!
- Family of the Americas-www.familyplanning.net
- Napro Technology-www.naprotechnology.com
- Couple to couple league-www.ccli.org
- Northwest Family Services-great on line program-www.nwfs.org
- Marquette Method-nfp.marquette.edu